The Community Backgrounds are a set of freely available pictures available for use as desktop backgrounds. theDesk and theShell use these backgrounds when the "Community Backgrounds" setting is used.
All community backgrounds are released under a permissive license, details of which can be viewed by clicking on the image.
Community Backgrounds must meet a few requirements:
- Submissions must be your own image, or an image from someone whom you have permission to redistribute
- Backgrounds should be at least 4K, or 1440p at minimum
- Images containing explicit material will not be accepted
- Images must be licensed under a permissive license that allows modification (a good example is CC BY-SA)
Once you are satisfied that your submission meets these requirements, you can submit a background by joining the Discord server and posting your submission in the #backgrounds channel. In your submission, note down
- The license which you are releasing your work under
- The location of the image that you took (if possible)
- A name for the image
Thanks in advance for your submissions!